Saturday, November 1, 2014

Actor David Figlioli's Facial Expressions in Geico TV Ad Epitomizes THE CRITICAL THINKER


Since viewing the latest GEICO TV Spot, 'Horror Movie: It's What You Do,' the facial expressions of actor David Figlioli as the chainsaw killer are what come to my mind every time I see or hear something stupid, crazy or bizarre that someone has done. In fact, this blog THE CRITICAL THINKER was created because of silly things that we overlook and take for granted that I as the creator seek to have readers think about; to ask the question, "Does that make sense to me/you?" The following description of the ad is provided by MARKET ME NOT:
“If you’re in a horror movie you make poor decisions. It’s what you do.” A group of kids in running from a murderer in the middle of the woods when they stumble upon an old cabin. “Let’s hide in the attic. No, in the basement.” One woman starts breaking down into tears “Why can’t we just get in the running car?!” She is dismissed as crazy “Are you crazy?! Let’s hide behind the chainsaws.” They agree “Yea, smart.” They run behind the chainsaws but don’t notice the murderer standing behind them. The murderer gives them a look as if he can’t believe how stupid these kids are. They finally notice the murderer and run off “Head for the cemetery!”


Actor David Figlioli 
It's this look by the murderer portrayed by Mr. Figlioli that for me makes the ad. It is this look that epitomizes this blog, THE CRITICAL THINKER; It's that "You've got to be kidding me," or as the description above says,  the look "As if you can’t believe how stupid this is," look. With everything that occurs on a daily basis locally, nationally and globally, I find myself making that face quite frequently, just not as well as Mr. Figlioli does in the commercial. He doesn't have to say a word and you know exactly what he is thinking.

As I have written posts for THE CRITICAL THINKER since its inception, it has been Mr. Figliloli's facial expression shown in the GEICO ad that has been on my face as I write each Critical Thinker post and now that I have a visual, it will certainly be the epitome of the things I write about and challenge you to think about as you read each blog post. I take my hat off to The Martin Agency, Inc. for their creativity as in my opinion the ad is spot on. Something to critically think about.

I invite you to listen to me live each Saturday at 6:00 a.m. ET on gobrave.org and WP88.7 FM as the host of The Reading Circle with Marc Medley and to follow me on Twitter @thinkcritical01.

11 comments:

Darrell M. said...

It is amazing how much, as educators, we make that facial expression. I have been in education for 15 years and I have been making that expression since day one.

If I had a nickel for every "you've got to be kidding" moment that I had, I would be able to settle the national debt (not really, but close)

Unknown said...

I’m just an old dude, but I absolutely love this commercial.

Unknown said...

I love this geico commercial with the four young people in it, they show it every Halloween just love it and love the actors soooooo much, my favorite commercial

Unknown said...

something is just sexing about david figlioli,s expression on his face. love this commercial!

Unknown said...

I spend most of my day with Mr. Figlioli's expression on my face. Its absolutely classic and fits most of life's situations tona tee

Unknown said...

He's is definitely a hottie. Just so sexy do the facial expression

Hal1046 said...

A guy I use to know when we were both acting in The Vancouver BC film industry Ace Lytem could be his twin wish I could post his photo lol

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this commercial.....it never gets old!!!! And the expression on Mr. Figlioli's face.....PRICELESS!!!!! Great Job with this one!!!!

Unknown said...

This ad cracks me up every time--just the facial wxpression.

Unknown said...

Taught middle school for 20 yrs and I agree.

Unknown said...

I love this commercial. The look on the chainsaw murderer's face is one I've been using my whole life, watching the unreal stupidity that is SO abundant in life.